Appealing a conviction

“I’ve been disqualified and lost my driving licence. Can I appeal my conviction?”

There are ways in which we may be able to help you if you have already been convicted of a motoring offence and lost your driving licence through disqualification.

Appealing your Motoring Offence Conviction.

Depending on the circumstances of your case and conviction, we may be able to appeal your conviction through a second trial at the magistrates’ court, an appeal to the crown court or to the high court.

The chances of a successful appeal will be down to the circumstances surrounding your original conviction and be aware that costs of an appeal can be high.

Applying for Return of Driving Licence Pending Appeal

It may be possible to have your licence re-instated pending your appeal hearing.

Applying For Early Return Of Licence

Depending on the length of the original conviction, the circumstances of the offence and the length of disqualification served, it may be possible to have your licence re-instated before the full period of disqualification has elapsed.

In all of the above cases, our road traffic lawyers will provide you with the best advice as to your chances of a successful appeal and will provide expert representation for you should you decide to appeal your motoring offence conviction.

If you wish to apply to appeal your driving conviction or to have your licence returned, give us a call and speak to one of our road traffic lawyers who will be happy to discuss your case and advise on your next move.

Call 01282 433 241 or email us